when your very tired 2 year old is standing at the top of the stairs, shaking the baby gate, screaming "I NOT TAKING A NAP!!!"??? She desperately NEEDS a nap. And I need her to take one. Two is WAY too early to give this up. Please leave a comment if you have any advice...
4 comments:
Oh, I hate that for you! I have been blessed with a child that apparently doesn't realize that he can get out of his bed!!! Can you believe that?!?!?!? So needless to say I don't have any first hand advice for you but would she buy it if you told her she didn't have to sleep but she had to 'rest' in her room for 'X' amount of time? Good luck!
This too shall pass. Every now and then my 2 will try this and it can be a 2-3 day battle. Then they are back to napping. Keep up your routine...put her back in her room...stand your ground and she will resume her routine. She is trying out these new waters:) When all else fails...turn the knob around on her door where the lock is on the outside. U can then open the door once she is asleep:) Send her to us and I'll nap train her (the boys just turned3 and still nap 2-3 hours a day)... in return you can potty train my 2 monkeys. Would LOVE some advice from you. They could care less if they are wet or messy. I am close to loosing my sanity...hince the absence of blogging:) hang in there, she will do it. m
Only if I have time to lay down with Bella and scratch her back, does she sleep/nap. Plus, it's to the point were I have to rephrase certain things, for instance, when I "cut" her nails - I have to tell her that I need to, "trim" them. When I want her to take a "nap" I have to tell her she needs to take a "rest"...
Hmmmmm......can you say HA HA? This trait DID NOT come from Collin!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment