Saturday, January 31, 2009

Edventure

Why is blogger not letting me write anything above the first picture in my post??? Is anyone else having this problem? Oh, well.

We spent Mak's birthday in Columbia at Edventure. It was SO FUN! This was our first visit. We've had others planned in the past, but they have all fallen through due to various things. Once we were even all packed up and on our way when CB threw up all over herself and the car. Fun times! I'm happy to say that this trip had no throw up involved. From our kids, at least.

Mak loved walking through the doors and seeing the HUGE Ed! CB did not. She called him the giant and clung to my legs for the first few minutes. Then she discovered that you could climb up into Ed and do things like jump in his stomach full of food and slide down his large intestine. Both of them thought that was pretty cool. In fact, if Big Ed had been all we did last Thursday, both kids would have considered it a success. We had to drag them from here because Collin and I were ready to explore!
Another favorite spot was the little grocery store. And can I just tell you how much I ADORE this five year old face? Oh, I LOVE this child! My life was completely changed the day he was born!
More shopping...Oh, and this is the site of the throw up that I mentioned earlier. Another kid completely lost it all over the floor in there. Thankfully, we had already vacated this area when it happened. Ewww.
And on to pump some gas. He loved this, too!
An excuse to get really close and smooch those five year old cheeks.
My favorite picture of the day! They loved milking the cow! Intense!
High Fives for Daddy during the safety game
Learning about hockey from Daddy
Snowville! Not as impressive as I was expecting from the commercials, but still cool.
And I love the way they look in the "snow"!


They did some dental work,
performed a surgery,
and played some more in Ed's organs before it was time to head home. By the way, Mak can tie his shoes now! YAY! It's not very consistent, and it takes FOREVER, but he can definitely do it!
This was such a fun day for us! We debated so many different things to do, but I'm so glad this is what we chose. They are both still talking about how much fun they had!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That place looks like so much fun! Glad ya'll had a good, puke free time!

Patti said...

Ok, I'm so happy you posted this! One of my little patients came in raving about this place and I've been dying to go. Since my children are way too old for this I might just have to borrow a child so I can go! Glad they had such a good time!