Sunday, January 4, 2009

Trains

Clara Beth and I joined Mom and Erin for a maternity clothes shopping trip for Erin yesterday. Each time one of us (Me, Rebecca, and now Erin) gets pregnant with our first baby, Mom takes us on a FUN shopping trip for maternity clothes. It's been such a fun tradition, and I'm so glad that Erin finally got to have hers! We had a great time, but missed Rebecca and Tess. Tess is still pretty little to join us on the shopping trip. She'll be there next year, though! I was nervous about bringing CB along, but she did really great and it was fun to have her. Some of my favorite times ever with my mom have been these shopping trips, so I'm glad that Clara Beth can now come along. I look forward to the day that Mom, me, Clara Beth, Rebecca, Tess, Erin, and Caroline all hit the road for a Charlotte shopping trip. How fun will that be?!?!

While CB and I had a girly day of shopping in Charlotte, Mak and Collin had a much needed male bonding day FILLED with all things BOY. All I have heard about is trains, race cars, video games, pizza, and countless other boy things. I don't think Mak's hair was combed all day long and I'm sure neither of them gave any thought to what they were wearing or if their clothes even matched for that matter. Every time I called to check in on them, all I heard was an eruption of laughter on the other end of the line. And while they were always polite and answered any question that I asked, it was very evident that they wanted to get off of the phone and get back to whatever it was they were doing before I interrupted them. I LOVED hearing the male bonding that was going on in the background. Yesterday's activities would have never happened if Clara Beth and I had been with them, because, frankly, I have zero interest in pretty much everything they did. And they certainly have no interest in the shopping that CB and I did. I love our family days when we all four are together, but I also really love days like yesterday.

Here are some pics of the giant train track that Mak and Collin built yesterday morning. Quite impressive. Mak is loving his trains and will spend hours creating some pretty elaborate tracks that take up the entire sunroom floor. I love watching his mind work as he builds them. And I love these pictures that Collin took of him!





I LOVE those big boy feet!




He loves sitting and watching the train go around the track that he built.






4 comments:

Li Li said...

We had a great time. I think Erin got some really great clothes. My only regret is that this is my last daughter to have a "first pregnancy" shopping trip for. But NOT the last shopping trip!!! We'll go again soon!!! CB was GREAT!! She kept saying Mommy, I just wanted to show you this. Isn't it pretty?" We DO have to train our girls right, don't we? And I'm glad the guys got to do guy things, too.

Anonymous said...

AW..so sweet! I ran into the boys at Target yesterday evening and Mak was telling me about his fun day! Glad ya'll had fun!

Julie, Robert and Luke said...

I am in love with these pictures! This is so my future in the next year. And I love Makgill too...That is a pretty FABULOUS track I must say. I wonder where Rob and Luke would put one that size in our house. I have to show Luke's those pictures in the morning!

Michelle Z said...

What a wonderful father/son day...this would be the perfect day for Nicholas too! Glad you all had fun shopping--that would have been my perfect day too LOL!