Sunday, September 21, 2008

Miss CB's First day of School

Long time, no blogging, huh? I just haven't been in the mood, ya know? But there is a ton that I need to blog, so here goes...

My sweet tiny baby started school the Monday after we got back from Disney. You know, the child that I just gave birth to? The one that can't possibly be old enough to be in something called a "late threes" class? Clara Beth has been enrolled in a few Mother's Morning Out programs in the past. And I've had many interviews with many different programs. And she has never attended one. I have always found an excuse. And really, I don't think she was ready before now either. Baby CB has always been SUPER attached to her momma. And I have been really okay with that. Mak was never that way, and it was kind of nice in a way to have a baby who wanted her momma. ALL OF THE TIME!!! For the first year of her life, no one wanted to keep her. Not even my mom! She cried the entire time I was gone. That did get old, but I knew that it was just for a season. And I was right. Around 18 months, we saw a change. She started staying in the church nursery and was pretty okay with babysitters.

I figured it was time to put her into a preschool program. If all goes as planned, Clara Beth will join Makgill at school next year, where she will have to go 5 days a week. WHAT?!?! I knew there was no way that either of us could make the jump from full time at home to full time at school, so this pre-school has become our "stepping stone" of sorts. She has joined the Late Threes class, and we have loved it so far!

There's no doubt, the girl still loves her Momma, but she has been REALLY HAPPY there. And I have really enjoyed the extra time in the studio. So anyway, here's how that first day went...

We woke up and had a little dance party with Bubbo before he left for school. Their song of choice lately is that "ooh-ooh" song by Sugarland. They LOVE it.




She went with Collin to take Mak to school. About 5 minutes after they left I got a call from Collin, and I heard Miss Priss screaming in the background. UH-OH. Turns out, she was mortified that she was still in her "jamas" and wanted Daddy to turn around so she could wear her "pitty-pitty dess" (pretty pretty dress). Oh, the drama of living with a little girl. She was finally calm when they got back home, but she wanted to get dressed immediately. Here she is getting her hair done.
getting her great big giant pink book bag
A few pics outside before we left
My beautiful baby girl! I love her SO MUCH!!!!
Silly Face for Daddy
She looked so nervous and excited. It was so cute!
They said she couldn't wear crocs. My girl LOVES her crocs. She's still not so fond of those tennis shoes!
The way we are wearing our hair lately. I love giant bows.

Looking up at her Daddy
On our way to class!


She was so excited to see Tallon in a pink shirt! She thought he was wearing it for her. It was all she could talk about!
Greeting Mrs. F.
And we said goodbye and walked out. Mrs. F was asking her questions and she was standing there, shrugging her shoulders over and over. A nervous thing maybe? And she didn't turn around or cry for us. Not once. I have to admit, my feelings were a little hurt. I'm SO GLAD that we didn't have a heartbreaking struggle, I couldn't have handled it. But still...
Collin, Mak and I went to pick her up at 12:00. I have NEVER been so happy to see this baby! Here she is walking out to us with another one of our favorite teachers, Mrs. R.
Telling Bubbo all about "pink school"
We had a celebratory lunch at The Drive In. She talked non-stop about what she did, her friends, and, my favorite, "the little girl in her class named Mrs. F." How stinkin' CUTE is that?!?!
Loves with Mommy, photographed by Bubbo
And Mak also took a self portrait. Kinda scary, Kinda cute. :)
I'm so happy to say that the first two weeks of school have gone so well. She loves her teacher, her friends, and comes home singing the cutest songs. And it has been so great for Collin and me to have 2 mornings a week to get things done. Monday mornings have become our official "studio date" morning. We get coffee, and talk about plans for the studio. I'm loving that so much! And this has really been great for Clara Beth. We are so proud of her!

8 comments:

gillian said...

I CAN NOT believe she is in a late 3's class and that she'll be in the montesorri program next year!!! I know you're going to enjoy those 2 mornings every week and it will help you with going to 5 days next year!!! OMG!!! What ever will you do with yourself!? :)

Rebecca said...

awe... such a sweet post!! I am soo excited she and Tal are in class together- although I really cant believe they are in preschool!!!! I just LOVE the big hairbows and her precious curls!! we love you CB!!

Casey said...

That is so wonderful that she enjoys school so much! She is such a sweet, smart, pretty little girl. I just love that blond curly hair!!

Mandy said...

Awww, I'm so excited for CB!!! I'm glad she's doing so well in school and that you guys are handling it well. Time flies doesn't it? She is a beautiful little girl!

Jessica said...

So sweet!!! How do you keep her curls looking so cute? Carlee Scott has really curly hair but I brush it and even try to wet it afterwards to "kink" it up and the curls still get all brushed out. What's your secret??

Hope said...

SO glad she is enjoying it! And NO, you would not have wanted a struggle when you left her. Spoken from experience!

Michelle Z said...

Awwww! I cant believe our babies are this old and grown already! We're we just pregnant?

Sara Kempff said...

sweet! she couldn't look more adorable in her "first day of school" pix!!!

Bella is starting Mother's Day Out in two weeks. We are so excited!