Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Date with Cinderella

The goal was to get nice long naps before an early supper with a very important princess...Cinderella. I was SO EXCITED for this one. CB has really gotten into princesses since our last trip, and "Ciwella" is her favorite. She is normally not a huge fan of the characters, but I thought she might be more into these since they are real people as opposed to a fully dressed up character. And she surprised me earlier that morning with her reaction to Minnie Mouse, so I figured we were okay.

The main reason for the naps was that I wanted to stay at The Magic Kingdom for Wishes at 10:00 that night. 10:00 is REALLY late for my kids. They can go to bed as early as 6:00, and almost always are in bed by 7:00. So when I picture them staying up until 10, I picture tons of whining and screaming tantrums. But you can't go to Disney without seeing Wishes, and it was at 10:00 every night of our trip.

Needless to say, the naps did not happen. Neither of my kids nap anymore. I'm usually okay with this. I mean, they are asleep by 7:00 each night, which just works out better for us. We put them each in a bed with us, hoping that splitting them up would help them sleep, but it did not. There was giggling, screaming, talking, playing, and then finally one of them had to go poopy. We all got up then.

We got Miss CB all glammed up in her finest princess attire. I failed to mention that we bought Mak a pirate Halloween costume the day before. When he saw his sister all dressed up, he insisted that he get dressed up as well. I knew this would be a bad idea. He would get hot, and I would end up lugging the bag with the costume in it the rest of the night. But rather than have a fight with him, we decided to let him wear it. And he did look cute.


Here's a pic of them as they watch our boat pull up. We have a cute one of them facing us, but it's on Collin's phone and I don't know how to get it on this computer. I'll get C to put all of those pics on here and add it later. On the boat to the Contemporary to catch the monorail to the Grand Floridian for supper.


About halfway through the boat ride, Mak decides that he's hot and wants to put his shorts on. Surprise, surprise. So before boarding the monorail, he and I made a detour to the bathroom to put his regular clothes back on.


We made it to the GF, where the dinner was, and took a few pics of our Cinderella before it was time to go to the restaurant.




The whole time we were taking her picture, she kept asking where Cinderella was and when she would get to eat with her. She was READY!

The first Character to be introduced was "Chomin." This guy was totally "into character". She was appropriately unsure of him. We all were.

Next it was time to meet...CINDERELLA!!!
Spotting her from afar...
And here she is!!!! CB was THRILLED. Cinderella kept telling CB how she looked just like Cinderella when she was CB's age. It was perfect! But, we made a mistake. We had been telling CB that she was going to get to eat with Cinderella, forgetting how kids take things so literally. She was heartbroken when her favorite princess didn't actually sit down and eat with us!
Mak LOVES the kid-sized buffets at Disney. This was his first solo trip.
Lady Tremaine. She was SO in character. It was so fun to watch! The kids were scared of her, though, and wouldn't get a picture with her!
She was just so happy to be there!
Drizella was my favorite. She was hilarious! Look at that face!
Mak's favorite...Anastasia. He thought she was BEAUTIFUL. And he, the boy who hates kisses, WANTED HER TO KISS HIM!!! He saw her kiss another little boy and he wanted one too!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. It's so funny to me that he was so happy about this kiss!
The Royal waltz
Of course she had to dance with Daddy
And Bubbo
This was such a fun meal. I highly recommend it. Everyone was very much in character. The step-sisters fought and sang "Sing Sweet Nightingale," Lady Tremaine scolded her daughters...It was really funny.
I HATE seeing little girls wandering through the parks in 300 degree weather all dolled up in their princess costumes. It looks so ridiculously uncomfortable and has always been so "pageant" looking to me, you know? So I had brought along a cute little shorts outfit to change CB into after supper. She WOULD. NOT. HAVE. IT. There was NO getting that child out of that blazin' hot dress. I tried every negotiation I could think of. It wasn't working. Finally, Collin told me to give it up and we headed to the Magic kingdom.
I love this picture. I'm telling her "Cinderella always changes into shorts after supper" and she's giving me the look.
Here she is, happy as can be at the MK in her "pitty pitty" (pretty) dress.
Ok, so I do love having these pics of her in the dress in front of the castle.


So True.
Spontaneously holding hands in line for Dumbo
Riding Dumbo with Daddy
I was in the bathroom for the first Dumbo ride that night, so we got right back on after they were finished. Mak's in there with me, you just can't see him.
Collin and his little princess
Pretty little 2 year old fingers on the carousel.

It was a great night. We literally walked on to every ride with no wait. Finally at 9:30 I convinced our little princess to put her shorts on. We sat on the ground and waited for Wishes to start. That's when the whining started. I was actually amazed that we made it that long. We waited just long enough to see Tink fly, and then headed out to the boat. Both kids fell asleep in the stroller on the boat, and never woke up until the middle of the night when CB wet the bed. :( We have a funny pic of them asleep, but it's on Collin's phone too. It was a wonderful night!











5 comments:

gillian said...

I love the picture of Collin and CB dancing! TOO SWEET!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Clara Beth! I felt the same way about the costumes but you can bet that if I had offered, MD would have worn that thing out. This dinner is going on our list of things to do next time!

Michelle Z said...

What a sweet story! I love that she had to dance with Daddy and Mak! Love the pic of Mak in the "Wild Animal" car---will have to do that with Nicholas!

Erin and Andrew said...

I loved this post! They are both SO cute all dressed up at Disney. I love the ones of CB in the Cinderella dress and the sunglasses!

Jessica said...

Great post!!!! What a precious little princess.