Friday we woke up to gloomy, rainy weather. I think it was Hanna. It was even kind of chilly, which was actually nice. Today we decided to go back to Epcot. And I did what some of you may think is a bad mommy thing. Remember Test Track? And how much Mak hated it? Well, I had been talking to him about what he didn't like about it since it happened. And here's what I learned. He started crying as soon as they buckled him in, before the car even started moving. He said he liked the bumpy road, he liked the hills and the brake tests, and he liked going fast. He did not like the hot part and the cold part. Those of you who have done Test Track before will remember that the heat and cooling tests take maybe 15 seconds total. And they really aren't bad at all. So, I concluded that he was just scared of the unknown, and that's why he was so sad. Here's where the "bad mommy thing" comes in. I bribed my child to give Test Track one more try. I just knew that if we left Disney without him riding it again, chances are it would be a VERY long time before he got up the nerve to give it another try. And I really didn't want that to happen, because I was pretty confident that this was a ride that could be one of Mak's favorites. So I promised him that if he rode again I would buy him this $8 car that he had been eyeing, AND that I would ride the rockets (that I HATE) again. He took me up on it! That boy will do anything for a new toy! Collin told me I had to be the one to ride with him this time, because there was no way he was going through that again.
We were in the front of the line to be let in after rope drop. We got to play with a bunch of characters while we waited. Here's Mak and Pluto.

The rope dropped and we headed straight for Test Track. Mak and I hopped right on the ride while Collin and CB went to color again. We buckled the seat belt, and he grabbed my hand, but gave me no real signs of being overly nervous. About this time I started getting nervous about what I had done, thinking that if he hated it again I may have turned him off of rides for a very long time. In no time, we were off!

And I should never have worried about anything. He LOVED it! Loved all of the car tests, except the heat one where he buried his head in my lap. And he really, REALLY loved going fast. I was SO HAPPY that I talked him into doing it again! In fact, when our ride was over no one else was in line, and they asked us if we wanted to ride again (Seriously, people. I can't say it enough. GO IN SEPT!). Mak immediately shouted "YES!!!" and we were off again!
I knew Collin was anxiously waiting for us in the shop outside of the ride. I told Mak to bury his head in my shoulder and look like he was crying. We walked up to Collin, who saw Mak and assumed that this ride was more of the same, and Mak popped up yelling "PSYCH!"
This is Collin and Mak on their way to ride again. That's right. The boy rode Test Track three times that morning, and wanted to do it again. I'm so glad he gave it another try! And, of course he got that toy car.

After this the rain started coming down pretty hard, so we headed to Downtown Disney to do some browsing. CB LOVED this jewelry box thing. Definitely something we will do in Oct!

We did the "make your own treat" thing at Goofy's Candy Co. for the first time. Highly recommend it! Our kids chose to create chocolate covered marshmallows dipped in m&ms and sprinkles and drizzled with white chocolate.


3 comments:
WOW! That was a big day! I'm so glad you talked Mak into riding Test Track again! I'll have to remember to skip Lego Land ;)
Wow. After all your posts, I really really really want to go to Disney!
It looks like ya'll had such a good time. I can't wait to take Adeline to Disney (sooner than later)!!
Post a Comment