Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Arriving at Neverland

We woke up early on Tuesday morning. MGM (I just can't get used to calling it Hollywood Studios) opened at 9:00, and my goal was to be there as close to that time as possible. Mak has been anticipating the new Toy Story Midway Mania ride all summer long. Okay, that's a lie. I have been anticipating this ride. But because I've shown my young, impressionable son a hundred videos and pics of it, he was very excited too. So I knew that would be where we headed first. Collin took the kids to get breakfast in the lobby while I got ready, and we were on the road before 8:00!!! PERFECT!

The drive went pretty well. Just a few whiny episodes from Mak about wanting to go back to Abie's, NOT HOME. We got closer and the billboards started appearing. I distracted him for the first few. I REALLY wanted him to come to the realization that we were at Disney as we were driving under the arch. Here's the video of how it happened!

Seriously, it was SO FUN surprising them. Especially him. Miss CB didn't really get it, but Mak was super excited. I HIGHLY recommend doing this to your kids at least once!

I'll hopefully get to our first day soon. CB started school yesterday, and Collin and I were in Columbia for a photography class until midnight last night, so I'm feeling like I haven't spent much time with my kids. I miss them! Plus, I'm working in the studio a lot today to help Collin get caught up. We are doing a "Funny Faces" promotion in Oct, and we've had a great response so far. But that also means that I have a TON of phone calls to make! If you are planning on doing one of these sessions, call soon before they book up. They are SO CUTE!!! So, anyway, I'll have more about Disney as soon as I can!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, that video is PRICELESS! Loved watching it!!!

gillian said...

I can't wait to watch the video when I get home...I'm not able to view it here at WaMu.

Nancy said...

That was great!! I would like someone to surprise me with a trip to Disney :)

Michelle Z said...

Absolutely PRICELESS!!! I LOVE it!!!

Erin and Andrew said...

I loved watching that video! It was so fun to watch Makgill realize where y'all were.