Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa's Visit

We had such a great visit with Collin's parents last week! Here are a few pictures from the week...

Mak played one of those Chick-fil-a kids meal games all week long. One that we actually kept instead of trading for ice cream. This one was pretty cool. You shake out four cards with pictures on them, and then make up a story involving those four pictures. He LOVED it! They played it FOREVER one afternoon.

Pa-Pa learned A LOT about princesses
Miss CB had fun playing peek-a-boo. It never gets old for her.
I learned how to sew!!! A little bit, anyway. I was sick again the first part of the week (darn strep throat!) so my lessons didn't start until Wednesday, but I made a cute little dress for Clara Beth. And it was so much fun! Collin's mom is crazy talented when it comes to this stuff. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it without her, but I'm going to try!
Pa-Pa discovered Freeman's donuts, which the kids really benefited from. He made a few trips there over the week.
One of his few sweet moments last week. By the way, our sweet boy is definitely back. It's taken many nights of a STRICT 7:00 bedtime, but it's worked. We are back to dealing with normal 4 year old disobedience issues, not the INSANITY from last week. Thank you, Lord!
SO, SO SWEET!
Bye-Bye hugs










He chased them as they left!

I've mentioned before how Mak HATES good-byes. So when there were no tears this time, Collin and I were pretty surprised. Until we heard Mak tell CB "They just went to the store. They'll be right back." Poor kid. He did okay even after he found out, though.


We had such a great time with Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa. I HATE that they live so far away. We keep trying to sell SC as a retirement location, but so far they haven't taken us up on it. We'll keep trying.


Oh, one sweet story about Mak from when they were here. Mak, Ma-Ma, and Pa-Pa went on a walk while CB was sleeping. They got to a house in our neighborhood, and Mak asked them "If you lived in this house would you come visit me?" Sweet Boy! The kids (and Collin and me, too) miss y'all SO MUCH!!!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Visits with grandparents are always so much fun! I agree with Pa-Pa, Freeman's has GREAT donuts!

gillian said...

Well Collin sure looks like his dad and Freemans has the BEST donuts! Glad to hear Mak is back to the normal disobendient stuff...we're not quite there yet!

Sara Kempff said...

I just love Byron Sr.. Seeing him makes me smile. The kids and grandparents all look like they had a great time. It's nice to see how close you guys are! Keep up the sewing! I'm going to be starting private lessons soon, so let's keep up to date with each other's progress. Fun.