Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last Week of Summer

I can't believe that this is Mak's last week of summer. CRAZY. I'd be lying if I said I was sad to see it end. Don't get me wrong, I have loved having them both home all the time this summer, but I think we are all ready for a routine. And as I mentioned before, I think I'm just too boring for my poor boy. He LOVES his school friends. And his teacher. And pretty much everything about school (even the lunches which is pretty hard for me to figure out). Yep, I applaud all of you home-schoolin' moms out there. I wish I had it in me. I just DON'T.

So, I wanted to do some fun stuff with Mak this week. Nothing over-the-top, just stuff that I enjoy doing with him. Monday was spent with Daddy. We bought school supplies, which Mak really enjoyed, but we have no pics. Shocking, I know. Tuesday was a day FULL of play dates. Nothing better than that, right?



The first was with the beautiful Miss Claudia, in her brand new playroom! Claudia, Hope, and Edgard have been back since May, but this is the first time we have been able to spend any extended period of time with them. They are in their new house, and we had a great time hanging out. The girls dressed up as Cinderella, and Mak searched the playroom for semi-boy toys to play with. Not many of those in Miss C's playroom (although I think that may change come January. Just my opinion, but I think C's having a baby brother!)! He had a great time, though, and so did CB and I!



Claudia is the ULTIMATE princess. I've never seen a little girl who loves them more. Here, she's telling Hope "Princesses don't wear bows! They wear crowns"! SO CUTE! We've missed you, sweet girl!


2 precious princesses!
My Cinderella baby



From there we headed home for lunch and a nap for Miss CB. The nap didn't happen. Instead, I called Jessica, and she met me at the park for playing and Popsicles!

I can't even tell you how great it is that my best friend's kids are the same ages as mine! I LOVE it!








I'm not sure if this was her first time climbing this thing or not. Mak said she's done it before, but I don't remember. Either way, it made me nervous.
We rolled out of the park just as a storm was rolling in, and I called Rebecca to see what she and Tal were up to. She was having a hard time getting T up from his nap, so we headed over there for our third playdate of the day to wake him up. This is what we were greeted with. I LOVE that baby boy!
He's looking so much like my brother these days! It's scary!
So there's the first "fun" day of our last week of summer. Thanks to all of our GREAT friends who helped me entertain my little ones!

6 comments:

Andrews Family Fun said...

I am super impressed with CB's skills at the ladder/step/thingy - Wyatt JUST mastered that last week (and he's what like 7 months older than her...oh and he's a boy? She's got some crazy coordination. What a little athlete she is. :)

gillian said...

Princesses!!! I have to say I'm looking forward to some babydolls and princesses vs monster trucks and wrestling!!!

Grangers said...

I can't believe that tommorow is the boys last Friday of summer!We had a blast at the park.BTW if ya'll hit the Disney store tom.would you see if they have thier Princess costmes?Thanks..You Welcome..I just gave you an excuss to go to the Disney Store!!Thats what friends are for .

Anonymous said...

We had lots of fun with you all! Thanks for coming to play!!

Ashley W. said...

I know how you feel about the school and routine after a while you run out of things to do. Peyton just loved being with his friends so we are looking foward to starting back....

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day. I meant to comment on this the last time you brought it up. Drew is the same way about summer. When it begins I am so excited to think about not rushing off every day, but by the second week he is itching to go. We start school on Monday and he is so ready.