What a crazy week we've had!
Mak started school on Monday, and Collin's parents came to spend the week last Sunday. It's been SO, SO FUN, and
soooooo tiring.
Makgill was a different kid this week. He was extremely over-tired which resulted in some of the worst behavior we've ever had from him. Crazy screaming tantrums, bad manners, and being just plain disagreeable. It was really sad for me, because I felt like the whole week should have been full of fun, but instead it was full of discipline. He just wasn't his normal self, and Collin and I couldn't really figure it out. Looking back over the week, I can see that it was pure EXHAUSTION, but when we were in the middle of it, I thought maybe the kid needed some
meds. :) I think this little boy is one of the greatest kids in the world, and I so wish that his grandparents had been able to see the "real"
Makgill. Thankfully, after a ton of sleep and time with friends and family over the past few days, I'm SO HAPPY to say that my sweet little boy has returned. I think there was just way too much "new" stuff this week, ya know?
Sooo...here's the FIRST day of 4K!!!
Up bright and early, eating yogurt and a granola bar for breakfast. He had fun saying that the raisins in the granola bar were ants. Silly kid! I LOVE him!!!

getting dressed
hugging Ma-Ma good-bye

still eating that granola bar on the way to school...

little boy, BIG
bookbag
Back in his classroom!
These next pics are such poor quality, but I had to leave them in there. This is
Mak running to Miss M in the gym. He was insanely excited to see her. I can't even describe how blessed we feel to have her as a teacher. The whole public school/private school thing has been huge for us. It is so scary to leave your kid in the hands of another person, and I'm a MAJOR WORRIER anyway, so it was especially hard for me. Miss M loves my boy, though. And even better, she loves the Lord. Thank you for taking such excellent care of my baby!



getting in line to go to class


Circle time


Reunited with B! She's one of the several girls that
Mak says he's going to marry. :)

He had a great first day, and Ms. P brought him out to us in the
carline saying what a great helper he was and how he raised his hand for everything. Totally different from last year when they had to pry his crying body out of my arms and I had to leave my sweet boy completely heartbroken in the classroom. I was SO PROUD of him!
Back at home, we played outside with Ma-Ma...always a treat!


2 comments:
You're not the only one with behavior problems last week!!! Glad to hear it wasn't just us, even though I'm sorry you had to endure it! We thought the same thing about meds, either for him or us!!! I LOVE that Mak loves Mrs. M so much and vice versa...what a blessing!!! Praying the second week is better for both of us!
Makgill Brooks Smith, you are a sweet, sweet boy.
Post a Comment