Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Brunch and the rest of the Day

My grandmother has been having Christmas brunch at her house since before I was born. It's one of those Christmas traditions that I hate to miss. In fact, I think I've only missed it once, the first Christmas that Collin and I were married. That year we did Christmas at Fripp Island with Collin's grandfather, so he and I just made brunch for everyone there. So I guess I've really never missed a Christmas brunch. :)

Sweet Tess!

I love how my kids love their aunts and uncles!
Sweet Boy!
Uncle Andrew asked Mak and CB to walk on his back. They thought this was the greatest thing ever!

CB helps Na-Na open a present
My grandmother!

Time for Miss CB's gift. The only thing she asked for from Santa was a "squeezy" baby. She got one from Andrew and Erin her first Christmas, and has loved that thing to death. Well, just recently "skeezy baby" (as she's known at our house) lost her Squeeziness. So CB wanted a new one. Santa didn't bring it because he knew that Na-na was getting it for her. I was so excited to see her open this gift!
Mak was pretty sure he knew what it was.
She saw the baby and immediately started jumping up and down and dancing around. She loves her!


And Mak got an ENORMOUS box of nothing but lego wheels. The PERFECT gift for him!

Mak showing my dad how to use a cell phone. I think my father may be the last person on the planet to not have a cell phone. It drives me crazy, but it's also one of the things I love about him!

We stayed at my grandmother's house for a few hours, visiting with family that we don't see nearly enough, then headed back home. The four of us played with legos for about three hours. Santa brought CB some pink legos this year. We had a great time together!


Some of Collin and Mak's creations


This Christmas has been a great one. We are having so much fun playing and hanging out with family and friends. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas as well, and Happy Birthday, Jesus!

2 comments:

TigerFamily said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas! I LOVE the kids house y'all found...sooo much fun. I love seeing their imaginations come out at this age too. I just sent you and email about a great clothing sale for a line of clothes I am not sure you know about. Super cute and unique stuff. If you get a random email form tigernurse...it's me:) Let me know what you think. martha

gillian said...

your dad doesn't have a cell phone!?! good for him! wish i didn't have one most of the time!