Here are some final(?) pictures of my baby girl with a pappy in her mouth.
Here are some videos of her talking about what she's getting ready to do. I think they are reversed, though, so you probably want to watch the bottom one first.
Of course the real test came last night at bedtime. I had no idea what to expect. She was very restless during the Bible story and prayers, and while we were singing her songs she came to the realization of what was wrong. That precious bottom lip poked way out, her chin started quivering, and her eyes filled with tears. And she started asking for her pappy. I tried to console her and remind her that she wanted to give them to Cinderella, but she didn't care. She wanted them. Period. So, I told her I would be back with them after we sang Mak's songs to him. We left, she calmed down, and when I peeked back in on her she was asleep. So I didn't take them to her.
I went downstairs, and about 20 minutes later she was crying again. I went back upstairs to her, and she was crying "You didn't feed me!" I promise I fed the child. But it was early because we had to get Mak to soccer practice, and she only ate one bite. I know I should have made her stay in bed, but I just couldn't. I brought her downstairs and gave her yogurt. Don't give me any grief. I know I shouldn't have, but I was feeling pretty sensitive because this was her first night sleeping without her pappy. And she has slept with a pappy since her first night on this earth!
After she ate her yogurt, I took her back to her room and put her in bed. She started asking for the pappy again. I brought her the present and told her she could do what she wanted with it. But reminded her that in order to get the pappies inside, she would have to tear Cinderella. I left and didn't hear another sound from her. We checked on her before going to bed, and she was sleeping with the present, still wrapped, tucked under her covers. It was the sweetest thing in the world.
She woke once during the night, I didn't hear her, and Collin slept on her floor for an hour. But she never opened the present. She came in our room this morning carrying her baby, her mimi, and the present. She wanted to put it back in the suitcase. Sweet, sweet baby. And that's where it is now. We shall see how tonight goes!

11 comments:
I feel your pain. My sweet little girl loves her paci so much that she still uses it during the day. I don't really see anything wrong with it either but my mom always gives me grief about it. But she wants a jump castle for Christmas and I asked her if she would give her paci to Santa for another baby and he would leave her a toy. She says yes and everytime she sees a picture of Santa she tries to give the picture her paci. So, we will see. As long as it is gone by 3!! Good luck with Clara Beth, I am sure she will do great!
Sweet story! I'm amazed she didn't open the package. . . Good luck tonight!! Oh--and have a GREAT time on your trip:->!!!!
Awww How absolutely sweet! I am glad she has kept them wrapped up, so grown up of her!
PS....I would have taken her downstairs and fed her too! I fed Nicholas Apple Jacks at 10 oclock last night because that's what he wanted and he would not eat supper while we were at a friends last night. So, if you feel like a bad mommy for doing that, then I am a much "badder" mommy LOL!
:-)
Cant wait to hear about your trip...and I hope you survive the passing over of the paci!
Well, at least my idea will work for your child. Lilah absolutly refuses to even talk about it.When I mention it to her she starts crying and runs out of the room yelling'my pappy,my pappy'so I don't think we will be giving any pappies away on this Disney trip!Hopefully soon:) I will definitly be praying for you on the ride to Dissney:)Tell CB I'm so Proud of her and she needs to talk to Wy Wy!
Awwww...such a sweet story and what a great idea!
So sweet; I loved the videos. Hooray for Clara Beth!
I LOVE it!!!!! We are in the same situation here. I might steal y'alls idea. CB is so sweet for sleeping with the present. I hope tonight goes well too.
veitziAnna loves the videos. We just watched them 4 times. Too cute!
precious...just precious! I LOVE how she tucked the present in with her. Such a neat way that you delt with the situation. It might be little girls...or just having one this time around...but my heart melts MUCH easier with AC than it did with the boys. I guess I always knew they had each other but I just can't take letting her cry it out or fuss for one second! I was NEVER like this with the boys...rules that MUST.BE.FOLLOWED! I think it was just surviving with twins and sleep depravation. I give in Soooo much more now....like it is 10:40 at night and I am just now putting her to bed! Never would have happened with the monkeys. I hope things go well and y'all have a fabulous time on your trip. I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures. Thanks for being such a great mom and sharing all your stories and "mommy methods". It's helping me to let go and just let them be kids....without all my crazy rules:) So many times I find myself back in survival mode...but I don't want these sweet childhood moments to pass me by! m
Aww, CB is just precious! I hope she does well getting rid of the paci - it's a big move! What a grown up little girl!
you go girl. cinderella will look funny using a pappy!
Post a Comment