Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day 2008

My parents are away on a sailing trip, so we spent Mother's Day this year at Jessica's parents house. I fell in love! What a beautiful, peaceful place to call home. Thanks for hosting us, Charlie and Marilyn!



This is their front yard. Beautiful!

The boys had a great time fishing while the girls watched them and dodged the fishing poles.


Jessica checked out the worms








All I would have needed for Mother's Day...witnessing an un-prompted hug between my babies!
We were walking down a hill and I was holding tightly to Cb's hand, warning her to be careful and not fall, and what happened? I lost my footing and slid down the hill on my rump!



This place is a little boy's paradise! There was so much for them to get into!



Thanks for letting us crash your Mother's Day, Grangers!


The earlier part of the day was perfect, too. Mak crawled into our bed sometime around 6:00, wrapped his sweet arms around my neck, and fell back asleep until 8:00 when CB woke up. That's some pretty late sleeping for us. The kids had so much fun giving me my cards and gifts and, of course, opening them for me. I loved everything. They were very thoughtful this year!
We lazily got ready, headed to church, and then out to lunch. The whole day was relaxing and full of hugs and kisses from my sweet little ones. A wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

gillian said...

I couldn't think of two better 'surrogate' parents to have! Looks like y'all had a wonderful Mothers Day!